Aware - a poem

  

           


 

Everyone is aware and yet all are drugged

A substantial expenditure on weekend

In alcohol of illusion, falsity and lies.

There are simple disinterests I possess

Can I not travel near and far anytime?

I am just twenty-five.

It has happened quite some time

That conversations meant to continue

Never happened again due to death.

The desires in me rest deep

For they know they die young.

All the excitement behind new beginnings

New city, new car, new house, new love

Are farces known to fade soon.

There is no chance to move to a city far

To friends and relatives who don’t inspire.

Those who find beer more affordable

Than books and discussions available.

I am a lover of God

And all performances of his music

The tranquil sky, the chaste weather,

Everything that might not feed me.

But I have my home

And the chance to serve my parents

While they still live

And not mourn over lost times

For times never come back;

There will be pictures with an empty space later

Comprised with guilt and the inability

To return all the love invested.

I apologize for my backwardness but I am

Not ambitious enough to be capable

Of building new homes

While the one made by my father falls down.

But it's not all about just the home I live in

The Universe as a whole is the larger home

Stars and cosmos the roof I live under

Clouds are the bed I sleep on

Astral traveling - my only ride.

Comments

  1. Great ,100% relatable what going on in my life .But tick by tick I successfully have started to remove all pit holes from my life...

    Thanks for this insightful poem @bismaymohanty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IT Guy in Dreamland

GCEK Horror Stories CASE-1

Inexperienced adulthood