Lonely in a crowd

If I can call them for cigarettes and alcohol
That being the scope of our reunion
While talking about trips and adventure together
Out of nowhere, priority comes into consideration.

Probably friends are meant to be people
Limited to certain interests and thoughts
Then why shouldn't we forget all of them
And pretend to colleague that we love them the most?

Perhaps boundaries won't stay then
Between personal and professional
Also, there will be no competition or envy,
Turning office into an home will be rational then.

I have surpassed the age
Of emphasising on fancy terms like 'fake friends'.
There is some worth in safeguarding than blending in
Which I am aware of that it goes against the trends.

The only person I know doesn't talk to me
Poor Conscience, I thought him to be an angry hound
Feasting upon the past but it turned out to be mute
Leaving me all lonely in a crowd.

Comments

  1. Nice one brooo. Hope to see next one soon 👌

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real Friends are those who fight with me in game of wars(pub g)
    Even after repeated scoldings ...I don't consider it a farce🤪🤪🤪
    ..jokes apart....good composition ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GCEK Horror Stories CASE-1

Writing through the engineering days

Inexperienced adulthood