Maya

Once upon a time,

A random person spat on the Buddha.

Buddha showed no reaction

Rather calmed his angry disciple even

And thanked the man who spat, said

“Please come and spit whenever you feel like”.

 

Maya came to my life similarly

Smiling and blushing and acting

First, she took all that was needed

To win the trust that she loves me.

The next moment, I was crying over a toy

That was supposed to be the world for me

And I made the mistake of sharing it.

 

Once and again,

Maya comes in front

When life goes all smooth

And I write another poetry like this one

That everyone except her read

Because she is busy in her duty

Of testing people who are delicate.

 

The Buddha was yet to come out of me

I was sitting at a vegan restaurant today

As I had my cap on and also my hoodie

Peeped a bit to see Maya in the view

And she constantly looked back

It was me who was there – a youth in love.

She did her usual acting of liking him then.

I got up from my seat calmly and left

It wasn’t much that I cared for Maya

Her smile never faded from my memory

But I cared for the guy who was there

He would be watching the stars and smiling

Or might be writing poems during study hours

Everything that he is going to regret later.

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GCEK Horror Stories CASE-1

Writing through the engineering days

Inexperienced adulthood